- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local priest met Mother Teresa, will attend canonization (8/31/16)
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Wal-Mart theft probe yields drug charges against woman (8/31/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
- Cape police: Illinois union president hit woman in head with rock (8/28/16)3
Barbara A. Pracht, 66, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Dec. 28, 2010, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born March 1, 1944, in Williamsville, Mo., to Aloisious and Frances Mae Turnbough Pracht.
Barbara worked in the accounting office of Schnucks Grocery Stores in St. Louis.
Survivors include four brothers, Ronald Pracht of St. Charles, Mo., Donald (Nola) Pracht of Imperial, Mo., Carl Pracht of Cape Girardeau, Kenneth (Tracy) Pracht of Oak Ridge; three sisters, Verna Hucke of St. Louis, Patricia Griffon of Jackson, Cynthia Pracht of Cape Girardeau; a sister-in-law, Josie Pracht of St. Louis.
Beloved aunt to many nieces and nephews, great-nieces and nephews, and many cousins, but most especially Rebecca Nicole, Mackenzie Mae, Andrew Louis, Zachary David and Jenetta Marie Pracht.
Barbara was a very loving and generous person. She leaves behind several beloved friends, Nancy Scarbrough, Barb Clinton, Margaret Prier and Veronica Gilliland.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two brothers, William and Thomas Pracht; two brothers-in-law, Michael Hucke and Melvin Griffon; and a sister-in-law, Betty Jo Pracht.
A private memorial service will be held at a later date.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.