- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BENTON, Ill. -- James Robert Lawson, 76, of Benton died Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2010, at Franklin Hospital in Benton.
Mr. Lawson was a veteran of the Korean conflict, serving in the U.S. Army.
He was part owner of Bowen and Lawson Engineering in Jackson. He worked with the Southeast Missouri Port Authority.
Survivors include his wife, Annette Lawson of Benton; children, Beverly and Kevin Poole of Paducah, Ky., Linda K. Lawson of Benton, Barbara and Tim Davison of Topeka, Kan., Charles Alan and Susan Lawson of Maryville, Ill., Sheri and John Barnett of Spring Hill, Tenn.; stepchildren, Cathy and Bob Dietl of Jackson, David and Maxine Mize of Pocahontas, Tom Mize of Salem, Ala., Paul and Connie Mize of Jackson, Rick Mize of St. Louis; several grandchildren; great-grandchildren; stepgrandchildren; and great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and Gerri Welter Lawson.
The funeral was held Monday at Morton and Johnston Funeral Home in Benton. Burial was in Benton, with military honors conducted.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to First Baptist Church, 201 S. Main St., Benton, IL 62812.