- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Southeast Missouri woman dies in weekend accident
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- A Wappapello, Mo., woman was killed after her vehicle struck a tree Sunday in Butler County.
According to Missouri State Highway Patrol, at 9:30 p.m. Catherine A. Binger, 49, was traveling southbound on Route W, 13 miles north of Poplar Bluff, when her vehicle ran off the road and struck the tree. She was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:51 p.m. by Stoddard County Coroner Jim Akers.