- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Business Notebook: New rooftop restaurant to be atop Marquette Tower (1/8/18)2
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)2
- Cape's new 'cold case': Whose frozen SUV is that in the Mississippi River? (1/6/18)5
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
Rider pulls knife on California cabbie but leaves tip
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A California taxi passenger may have an anger problem, but he's no Grinch.
Police in Sacramento got a report that a man pulled a knife on a cab driver during a dispute but still made sure to pay his fare -- plus tip.
The Sacramento Bee said the rider argued with the driver about his desired destination Dec. 18, then pulled out a folding-blade knife, prompting the driver to run away on foot.
The passenger also fled -- after leaving his cab fare and a tip.
Police said the passenger has not been found.