- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Rider pulls knife on California cabbie but leaves tip
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A California taxi passenger may have an anger problem, but he's no Grinch.
Police in Sacramento got a report that a man pulled a knife on a cab driver during a dispute but still made sure to pay his fare -- plus tip.
The Sacramento Bee said the rider argued with the driver about his desired destination Dec. 18, then pulled out a folding-blade knife, prompting the driver to run away on foot.
The passenger also fled -- after leaving his cab fare and a tip.
Police said the passenger has not been found.