- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)4
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
Rider pulls knife on California cabbie but leaves tip
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A California taxi passenger may have an anger problem, but he's no Grinch.
Police in Sacramento got a report that a man pulled a knife on a cab driver during a dispute but still made sure to pay his fare -- plus tip.
The Sacramento Bee said the rider argued with the driver about his desired destination Dec. 18, then pulled out a folding-blade knife, prompting the driver to run away on foot.
The passenger also fled -- after leaving his cab fare and a tip.
Police said the passenger has not been found.