- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Rider pulls knife on California cabbie but leaves tip
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A California taxi passenger may have an anger problem, but he's no Grinch.
Police in Sacramento got a report that a man pulled a knife on a cab driver during a dispute but still made sure to pay his fare -- plus tip.
The Sacramento Bee said the rider argued with the driver about his desired destination Dec. 18, then pulled out a folding-blade knife, prompting the driver to run away on foot.
The passenger also fled -- after leaving his cab fare and a tip.
Police said the passenger has not been found.