- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
Bad Santa robs Rhode Island yacht club bar
EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Call it a ho-ho-holdup.
Police said a man dressed as Santa Claus has robbed a Rhode Island yacht club.
Authorities say a bartender was alone in the East Providence Yacht Club on Dec. 19 when a large man wearing a red suit, red hat, white beard and carrying a sack walked into the bar and brandished a gun.
The bartender fled and ran to a nearby business where she called 911.
By the time police arrived, the Santa bandit -- as well as an undetermined amount of cash from the register -- was missing.
Co-owner Tony Perry said he was just glad no one was hurt.
There were no immediate arrests.