- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Bad Santa robs Rhode Island yacht club bar
EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Call it a ho-ho-holdup.
Police said a man dressed as Santa Claus has robbed a Rhode Island yacht club.
Authorities say a bartender was alone in the East Providence Yacht Club on Dec. 19 when a large man wearing a red suit, red hat, white beard and carrying a sack walked into the bar and brandished a gun.
The bartender fled and ran to a nearby business where she called 911.
By the time police arrived, the Santa bandit -- as well as an undetermined amount of cash from the register -- was missing.
Co-owner Tony Perry said he was just glad no one was hurt.
There were no immediate arrests.