- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Bad Santa robs Rhode Island yacht club bar
EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Call it a ho-ho-holdup.
Police said a man dressed as Santa Claus has robbed a Rhode Island yacht club.
Authorities say a bartender was alone in the East Providence Yacht Club on Dec. 19 when a large man wearing a red suit, red hat, white beard and carrying a sack walked into the bar and brandished a gun.
The bartender fled and ran to a nearby business where she called 911.
By the time police arrived, the Santa bandit -- as well as an undetermined amount of cash from the register -- was missing.
Co-owner Tony Perry said he was just glad no one was hurt.
There were no immediate arrests.