- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Bad Santa robs Rhode Island yacht club bar
EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Call it a ho-ho-holdup.
Police said a man dressed as Santa Claus has robbed a Rhode Island yacht club.
Authorities say a bartender was alone in the East Providence Yacht Club on Dec. 19 when a large man wearing a red suit, red hat, white beard and carrying a sack walked into the bar and brandished a gun.
The bartender fled and ran to a nearby business where she called 911.
By the time police arrived, the Santa bandit -- as well as an undetermined amount of cash from the register -- was missing.
Co-owner Tony Perry said he was just glad no one was hurt.
There were no immediate arrests.