- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 12/20/10
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Meeting, 7 p.m. today
Study session items
* Planning and Zoning Commission report.
* Petition on smoking ban.
* Public appearances.
* Appearances regarding items not on the agenda.
* Agenda review.
* An ordinance accepting fee simple interest and temporary construction easements from various property owners for the Lewis and Clark Parkway (Veterans Memorial Drive Phase 1) Project. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of a resubdivision of Lot 25 of Lexington Place Second Subdivision. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of a resubdivision of Lots P38, P39 and P40 of the Lochs at Dalhousie -- Phase IV and Lots P85, P86 and P87 of the Lochs at Dalhousie -- Corrected, amended. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance vacating the city's interest in utility easements in the area of 1533 Helmsdale Drive. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance changing the zoning south of LaSalle Avenue and on both sides of Baldwin Drive in the city and county from R-1 and R-3 and C-2. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending f the city code regarding domestic servants. Second and third readings.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a contract with Cape Girardeau Area Magnet. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the Cape Girardeau City Council to provide abatement and determine types of business for its organization and plan of operation for an Enhanced Enterprise Zone. Reading and passage.
* A motion accepting into the city's system the water main extension to serve Fronabarger Concreters Development and extension of Commercial Street.
* A motion accepting the improvements completed on Independence Street from Kingshighway to Pacific Street, and authorizing final payment to Fronabargers Congreters Inc.
* A motion setting a public hearing for Jan. 10 for consideration of the preliminary development plan and rezoning request for the Isle of Capri-Cape Girardeau LLC Planned Development District.
* An ordinance authorizing the city manager to execute a Transportation Enhancement Funds Program Agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for the South Side Trail Connection Project. First reading.
* An ordinance calling an election in Cape Girardeau on the question of issuing sewage system revenue bonds. First reading.
* An ordinance calling an election in the city of Cape Girardeau on the question of whether to extend the one-quarter percent capital improvement sales tax for the purpose of funding capital improvements. First reading.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Julie Subdivision No. 5. First reading.
* An ordinance establishing a no parking zone on a portion of Pacific Street. First reading.
* Appointment to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
* Appointment to the Board of Examiners.
* Appointment to the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Foundation.