- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Iva Isabell Middleton, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Dec. 18, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 18, 1923, in Little River, Kan., to Columbus and Cora Nelson Franklin and moved with her family to Missouri. She married William Robert Middleton.
She was a foster mother and cared for many children, including Scott, Patrick and William Moyers. Her door was always open to children.
She is survived by two sisters, Fern Lange of Jackson and Pauline James of West Paducah, Ky.; four nephews; and three nieces.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sisters, Virginia Conley and Bonnie Warnett.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Crain Funeral Home, 829 N. West End Blvd.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Chris Clifton officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.