- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Iva Isabell Middleton, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Dec. 18, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 18, 1923, in Little River, Kan., to Columbus and Cora Nelson Franklin and moved with her family to Missouri. She married William Robert Middleton.
She was a foster mother and cared for many children, including Scott, Patrick and William Moyers. Her door was always open to children.
She is survived by two sisters, Fern Lange of Jackson and Pauline James of West Paducah, Ky.; four nephews; and three nieces.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sisters, Virginia Conley and Bonnie Warnett.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Crain Funeral Home, 829 N. West End Blvd.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Chris Clifton officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.