- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Mary Bell Maupin, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Dec. 18, 2010, at Auburn Creek Assisted Living in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 7, 1923, in Shasta, Ill. to James Young and Ella Mulee Burns Johnson. She and Wood Maupin were married Jan. 22, 1960, at Cape Girardeau. He preceded her in death March 28, 2003.
Mary worked for the Lowenbaum Dress Factory in Cape Girardeau and later worked for Florsheim Shoe Co. from 1969 to 1983.
She was a member of Sovereign Grace Church in Jackson.
Survivors include her daughter, Darla J. (Robert) Franklin of Lincoln, Ill.; three sons, Timothy R. (Patricia) Yow of Charleston, lll., Mark A. (Christy) Yow of Chatham, Ill. and Jack K. (Debra) Maupin of Cape Girardeau; a sister-in-law, Bessie Johnson, wife of Sam, of Cape Girardeau; 11 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, sisters Virgie O. Warren, Deloris I. Barrett and Mabel Jones and a brother, Samuel B. Johnson.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel in Cape Girardeau.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday the funeral home with the Rev. Drew Dietz officiating. Burial will follow at Fairmont Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to Sovereign Grace Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.