- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
People on the move 12/20/10
Kitchen wins Realtor award
Paul Kitchen of Prudential Bridgeport Inc. Realtors was awarded the "Realtor of the Year" award at the Cape Girardeau County Board of Realtors Christmas banquet. Kitchen has been a full-time real estate agent for 17 years and has been with Prudential for seven years.
Perry Oaks honors employees
Perry Oaks Nursing & Rehab recently recognized the following employees for their service.
* Five-year employees: Debra Fox, Trudi Mitchell, Denise Seabaugh, Stacy Deppe and Angela Morrison.
* Ten-year employees: Rebecca Byrd and Pat Huber.
* Twenty-five year-employee: Leona Kester.
* Thirty-five-year employee: Dot Myers and Kathy Stueve.
* Employee of the Year: Trudy Mitchell.
* Honorable mention: Tabitha Groff.
Seabaugh joins accounting firm
David D. Seabaugh, CPA, is now working at Baer & Edington LLC, Certified Public Accountants and Consultants, at 2842 Sappington Drive in Jackson. With the addition of Seabaugh, the firm is developing a new audit division, offering audit services in a variety of areas. Seabaugh has 17 years of audit and accounting experience, conducting audits of not-for-profit organizations, governmental entities, affordable housing entities and small businesses. Baer & Edington, a full-service accounting firm with offices in Jackson and Columbia, Mo., offers a variety of audit-related services along with a comprehensive package of tax and accounting services. For more information visit
Pair joins Realty Executives
Jim and Jan McClanahan have joined Realty Executives of Cape County, 2511 Independence St. Jim McClanahan has been in the real estate business for years 38 years, and Jan McClanahan has been in real estate for 20 years. Jan McClanahan is also involved in Eastern Star, Cape Kiwanis, LaCroix Youth and Rainforest, is a past Stephen Minister Leader, a member of the Lifetime Honor Society for MAR, she is a Silver Star member of RPAC, is the CRS regional vice president for Region 1 and is a member of the Women's Council of Realtors. Jim McClanahan is a member of Women's Council of Realtors and is a certified negotiation specialist.
New board members elected
The newest members of the Jackson Chamber of Commerce board of directors are Connie Werner of Montgomery Bank and Jeff Martin of Realty Executives. Tom Ludwig of Ludwig and Boner was re-elected to the chamber board.