- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Tigers overpower Central Arkansas 116-63
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Marcus Denmon scored 21 points and freshman Phil Pressey had 15 points and 11 assists to lead No. 13 Missouri to a 116-63 win over Central Arkansas on Saturday night.
Ricardo Ratliffe added 18 points for the Tigers (10-1), who set a Mizzou Arena record for points in a game. The previous record of 107 had been achieved twice in the last two seasons.
Missouri, which shot 66 percent from the floor, opened the game with a 15-2 run and put up a season-high 54 points in the first half.
Mike Pouncey scored 11 points for the Bears (3-8), who were without starting guard Dewan Clayborn, who was sidelined beause of an ankle injury.
The win pushes Missouri's nonconference home win streak to 54, with all but seven of those coming under Anderson. The 10-1 start is the Tigers' best in Anderson's five seasons as coach.