- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jessie Pearl Lambert, 86, of Jackson died Friday, Dec. 17, 2010, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 13, 1924, at Elco, Ill., the daughter of Alvy and Maude Virginia Smith Tinsley. She married Lyle James Lambert on July 20, 1940, at Ancell, Mo.
The Lamberts had lived in Scott City and moved to Thebes, Ill., 50 years ago and lived there until they moved to Jackson seven years ago. Jessie was a member and taught Sunday school at First Assembly of God in Scott City. After moving to Jackson, they attended Freewill Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; one son, Jim (Anita) Lambert of Scott City; two daughters, Velma (Joe) Jackson of Thebes, Lisa (Danny) Seabaugh of Jackson; one brother, Clifford (Penny) Tinsley of Murray, Ky.; seven grandchildren, Kim (Frank) Lawrence, Keith Jackson, Eric (Misti) Lambert, Kathy Cliff, Mandy Brooks, Michelle (Curtis) Cox, Matthew Brooks; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a daughter, Elaine Lambert; six brothers; and five sisters.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Vernon Long officiating. Burial will follow in Lightner Memorial Cemetery at Scott City.