- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Taxes not tyranny
To my husband and me, paying taxes has been a privilege, not tyranny as a recent letter to the editor suggested.
It is wonderful to travel on America's roads. It is nice to be able to call a fire department if there is a need.
Ever since biblical times, certain individuals have hated paying taxes. Thus, the Bible says to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.
President Obama is a good president.
MARTHA THOMPSON, Jackson