- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Taxes not tyranny
To my husband and me, paying taxes has been a privilege, not tyranny as a recent letter to the editor suggested.
It is wonderful to travel on America's roads. It is nice to be able to call a fire department if there is a need.
Ever since biblical times, certain individuals have hated paying taxes. Thus, the Bible says to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.
President Obama is a good president.
MARTHA THOMPSON, Jackson