- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Taxes not tyranny
To my husband and me, paying taxes has been a privilege, not tyranny as a recent letter to the editor suggested.
It is wonderful to travel on America's roads. It is nice to be able to call a fire department if there is a need.
Ever since biblical times, certain individuals have hated paying taxes. Thus, the Bible says to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.
President Obama is a good president.
MARTHA THOMPSON, Jackson