- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Joy in our hearts
JO to the World and PEACE on Earth to all! No, this is not a typo.
The sign in our front yard reads "JO" since someone stole our Y. As a greeting to all who pass our house during the hectic Christmas season, we display the words "JOY" and "PEACE." It is a reminder to ourselves, and others, that this season has little to do with presents and food but much more to do with Christ.
God, wanting us sinners to have a relationship with him, sent his son. That is the greatest gift of all. We pray that the Y thief will come to believe this.
And dear thief, should you knock on our door you will receive no condemnation but instead, home-baked cookies, milk and the sharing of where true joy comes from.
We may no longer have "JOY" in our yard, but we do in our hearts.
EASY AND STEVE STILSON, Cape Girardeau