- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Thankful People: Moore family counts its blessing after harrowing accident (11/23/17)
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Deal Finder brings 'unique' shopping to Cape Girardeau (11/24/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Joy in our hearts
JO to the World and PEACE on Earth to all! No, this is not a typo.
The sign in our front yard reads "JO" since someone stole our Y. As a greeting to all who pass our house during the hectic Christmas season, we display the words "JOY" and "PEACE." It is a reminder to ourselves, and others, that this season has little to do with presents and food but much more to do with Christ.
God, wanting us sinners to have a relationship with him, sent his son. That is the greatest gift of all. We pray that the Y thief will come to believe this.
And dear thief, should you knock on our door you will receive no condemnation but instead, home-baked cookies, milk and the sharing of where true joy comes from.
We may no longer have "JOY" in our yard, but we do in our hearts.
EASY AND STEVE STILSON, Cape Girardeau