- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)20
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Joy in our hearts
JO to the World and PEACE on Earth to all! No, this is not a typo.
The sign in our front yard reads "JO" since someone stole our Y. As a greeting to all who pass our house during the hectic Christmas season, we display the words "JOY" and "PEACE." It is a reminder to ourselves, and others, that this season has little to do with presents and food but much more to do with Christ.
God, wanting us sinners to have a relationship with him, sent his son. That is the greatest gift of all. We pray that the Y thief will come to believe this.
And dear thief, should you knock on our door you will receive no condemnation but instead, home-baked cookies, milk and the sharing of where true joy comes from.
We may no longer have "JOY" in our yard, but we do in our hearts.
EASY AND STEVE STILSON, Cape Girardeau