- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Joy in our hearts
JO to the World and PEACE on Earth to all! No, this is not a typo.
The sign in our front yard reads "JO" since someone stole our Y. As a greeting to all who pass our house during the hectic Christmas season, we display the words "JOY" and "PEACE." It is a reminder to ourselves, and others, that this season has little to do with presents and food but much more to do with Christ.
God, wanting us sinners to have a relationship with him, sent his son. That is the greatest gift of all. We pray that the Y thief will come to believe this.
And dear thief, should you knock on our door you will receive no condemnation but instead, home-baked cookies, milk and the sharing of where true joy comes from.
We may no longer have "JOY" in our yard, but we do in our hearts.
EASY AND STEVE STILSON, Cape Girardeau