- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jacquelyn R. Brotherton, 64, of Cape Girardeau passed away Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2010, at her home.
She was born Dec. 7, 1946, in Cape Girardeau, to Luther and Mildred S. Schatte Dillow. She and Jerry Brotherton were married July 9, 1966, in Jackson.
Jacquelyn volunteered with Girl Scouts of America 25 years, and worked at Shirley's Hair Fashions more than 10 years. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Jackson.
Survivors include two daughters, Erin Craig (Shaun) and Kara Scruggs (Darin) of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Jeff (Linda) Dillow of Scott City; a sister, Pat Bouse (Jerry) of Springfield, Mo.; five grandchildren, Taryn Jo, Joe and Taylor Scruggs, Dylan and Tyler Craig, all of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mt. Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Stan Hargis officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery at Jackson.
Memorial contributions may be given to Southeast Hospice, 10 Doctors Park, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703, or the Multiple Sclerosis Society, 1867 Lackland Hill Parkway, St. Louis, MO 63146.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.