- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Ice contributes to serious accident on Highway 25 Wednesday
Ice-covered roads contributed to an accident five miles south of Delta Wednesday. According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, a 2003 Ford driven by 50-year-old Jackie M. Frazier of Gibson, Mo., ran off the left side of the road, struck a utility pole and overturned on Highway 25 around 4:30 p.m.
Joseph A. Long, 35, of Campbell, Mo., a passenger in the car, was ejected during the accident. He was in serious condition.
Another passenger, Willie E. Sipes, 53, of Gibson, and Frazier received moderate injuries in the accident.
All three were taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. None were wearing a seat belt.