- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CAIRO, Ill. -- John C. "Froggy" Throgmorton, 79, of Cairo, formerly of Tamms, Ill., died Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2010, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was a veteran of the Korean conflict, serving in the 101st Airborne Division.
Visitation will be from 8 a.m. to service time Friday at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Dr. Larry L. Potts officiating. Interment will be in Mound City National Cemetery, with military honors provided by area veterans organizations and the U.S. Army.