- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Beautiful Christmas concert
I went to Central High School's Christmas Concert held last Tuesday night. It was a beautiful concert. What touched my heart is the fact that this was a true Christmas concert. This was not a holiday concert or a winter concert -- it was a Christmas concert, in celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. It was so refreshing and beautiful to be able to enjoy true Christmas music in the celebration of Christ.
Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Casey, Mr. Lamar and Mr. Keys. Thank you to all the young adults who so beautifully entertained us. In a world where Jesus is being pushed aside and all things having their roots in Christianity being ripped away, what a wonderful way to bring Christ back to where he belongs.
I could feel his spirit there in the gym on Tuesday night, and I just know he was smiling on all of us.
LARRYN COLEMAN, Cape Girardeau