- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Beautiful Christmas concert
I went to Central High School's Christmas Concert held last Tuesday night. It was a beautiful concert. What touched my heart is the fact that this was a true Christmas concert. This was not a holiday concert or a winter concert -- it was a Christmas concert, in celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. It was so refreshing and beautiful to be able to enjoy true Christmas music in the celebration of Christ.
Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Casey, Mr. Lamar and Mr. Keys. Thank you to all the young adults who so beautifully entertained us. In a world where Jesus is being pushed aside and all things having their roots in Christianity being ripped away, what a wonderful way to bring Christ back to where he belongs.
I could feel his spirit there in the gym on Tuesday night, and I just know he was smiling on all of us.
LARRYN COLEMAN, Cape Girardeau