- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local priest met Mother Teresa, will attend canonization (8/31/16)
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Wal-Mart theft probe yields drug charges against woman (8/31/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
- Cape police: Illinois union president hit woman in head with rock (8/28/16)3
Beautiful Christmas concert
I went to Central High School's Christmas Concert held last Tuesday night. It was a beautiful concert. What touched my heart is the fact that this was a true Christmas concert. This was not a holiday concert or a winter concert -- it was a Christmas concert, in celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. It was so refreshing and beautiful to be able to enjoy true Christmas music in the celebration of Christ.
Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Casey, Mr. Lamar and Mr. Keys. Thank you to all the young adults who so beautifully entertained us. In a world where Jesus is being pushed aside and all things having their roots in Christianity being ripped away, what a wonderful way to bring Christ back to where he belongs.
I could feel his spirit there in the gym on Tuesday night, and I just know he was smiling on all of us.
LARRYN COLEMAN, Cape Girardeau