- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Saint Francis Gives to First Call for Help
Saint Francis Medical Center employees donated $3,777 to First Call for Help through The Power of Sharing campaign. Employees raised a total of $129,496 for local human service agencies, exceeding the goal of $90,000. The Saint Francis Family designated donations to six agencies and members of The Power of Sharing committee presented those funds to the respective agencies in December.
From left: Melindi Abner, Power of Sharing campaign committee chair; Felecia Blanton, Power of Sharing committee member; Denise Wimp, director of First Call for Help; and Elma Staten, Power of Sharing committee member.