- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Cape County boy writes letter, hears from President Donald Trump (11/10/17)
- Medical marijuana may go to voters for decision (11/8/17)4
- Fourth-grade teacher Andrea Cox teaches students how to code, adapt to new technology (11/10/17)
Saint Francis Gives to First Call for Help
Saint Francis Medical Center employees donated $3,777 to First Call for Help through The Power of Sharing campaign. Employees raised a total of $129,496 for local human service agencies, exceeding the goal of $90,000. The Saint Francis Family designated donations to six agencies and members of The Power of Sharing committee presented those funds to the respective agencies in December.
From left: Melindi Abner, Power of Sharing campaign committee chair; Felecia Blanton, Power of Sharing committee member; Denise Wimp, director of First Call for Help; and Elma Staten, Power of Sharing committee member.