- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Saint Francis Gives to First Call for Help
Saint Francis Medical Center employees donated $3,777 to First Call for Help through The Power of Sharing campaign. Employees raised a total of $129,496 for local human service agencies, exceeding the goal of $90,000. The Saint Francis Family designated donations to six agencies and members of The Power of Sharing committee presented those funds to the respective agencies in December.
From left: Melindi Abner, Power of Sharing campaign committee chair; Felecia Blanton, Power of Sharing committee member; Denise Wimp, director of First Call for Help; and Elma Staten, Power of Sharing committee member.