- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Helen Steck Malone Williams, 97, of Austin, Texas, passed away Monday, Nov. 22, 2010.
She was born Nov. 5, 1913, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Philip H. Steck. Her father served on the local city council 25 years, longer than any other elected official at the time.
Williams was a teacher many years.
A private service will be scheduled at a later date.
Arrangements provided by Cook-Walden Funeral Home, 6100 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin.
Condolences may be sent to www.cookwaldenfuneralhome.com.