- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Claude Franklin Whaley, 82, of Jackson, formerly of Kelso, Mo., died Thursday, Dec. 9, 2010, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 15, 1928, in Cape Girardeau, to Dewey Claude and Rose Staebel Whaley. He first married Ruby Cauhorn on April 7, 1948. She survives of Jackson. He later married Mattie Jane Rhodes on Oct. 16, 1971. She preceded him in death Aug. 3, 1992.
He was a cutter at Thorngate Ltd., retiring in 1993. He also worked as a plumber and electrician. He was a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso and Knights of Columbus Council 6420 in Scott City.
Survivors include two sons, Larry (Anna) Whaley of Cape Girardeau, Jim (Rita) Whaley of Jackson; five grandchildren, Gretchen (Devin) Lindsey, Leslie (J.R.) Watkins, Darrin (Erin) Whaley, Phillip (Sherry) Whaley, Dana Whaley; and seven great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City. Parish prayers will be at 6 p.m., with Knights of Columbus service to follow.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Augustine Church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin as celebrant. Burial will be in St. Augustine Cemetery.