- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Claude Franklin Whaley, 82, of Jackson, formerly of Kelso, Mo., died Thursday, Dec. 9, 2010, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 15, 1928, in Cape Girardeau, to Dewey Claude and Rose Staebel Whaley. He first married Ruby Cauhorn on April 7, 1948. She survives of Jackson. He later married Mattie Jane Rhodes on Oct. 16, 1971. She preceded him in death Aug. 3, 1992.
He was a cutter at Thorngate Ltd., retiring in 1993. He also worked as a plumber and electrician. He was a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso and Knights of Columbus Council 6420 in Scott City.
Survivors include two sons, Larry (Anna) Whaley of Cape Girardeau, Jim (Rita) Whaley of Jackson; five grandchildren, Gretchen (Devin) Lindsey, Leslie (J.R.) Watkins, Darrin (Erin) Whaley, Phillip (Sherry) Whaley, Dana Whaley; and seven great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City. Parish prayers will be at 6 p.m., with Knights of Columbus service to follow.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Augustine Church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin as celebrant. Burial will be in St. Augustine Cemetery.