- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Wednesday accident sends Patton woman to hospital
A Patton, Mo., woman received moderate injuries following a one-vehicle accident Wednesday on Highway 34, one mile west of Jackson. According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the 1994 Mazda driven by Phyllis D. Acord, 73, ran off the road at 7:35 a.m. and struck a ditch.
Acord was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. She was wearing a seat belt.