- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Let's think back to 1950 to 1970. the most prosperous times for this country's history. What were the tax rates back then? They were much higher than today.
Now think back to George H.W. Bush. He raised taxes, and the Clinton years were the most prosperous for the middle class in a decade.
Forward to 2002 and the George W. Bush tax cuts, which were followed by an economic collapse in 2008. How can Republicans say that low taxes lead to good economic times?
MICHAEL JOYNER, Cape Girardeau