- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Let's think back to 1950 to 1970. the most prosperous times for this country's history. What were the tax rates back then? They were much higher than today.
Now think back to George H.W. Bush. He raised taxes, and the Clinton years were the most prosperous for the middle class in a decade.
Forward to 2002 and the George W. Bush tax cuts, which were followed by an economic collapse in 2008. How can Republicans say that low taxes lead to good economic times?
MICHAEL JOYNER, Cape Girardeau