- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
Let's think back to 1950 to 1970. the most prosperous times for this country's history. What were the tax rates back then? They were much higher than today.
Now think back to George H.W. Bush. He raised taxes, and the Clinton years were the most prosperous for the middle class in a decade.
Forward to 2002 and the George W. Bush tax cuts, which were followed by an economic collapse in 2008. How can Republicans say that low taxes lead to good economic times?
MICHAEL JOYNER, Cape Girardeau