- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Let's think back to 1950 to 1970. the most prosperous times for this country's history. What were the tax rates back then? They were much higher than today.
Now think back to George H.W. Bush. He raised taxes, and the Clinton years were the most prosperous for the middle class in a decade.
Forward to 2002 and the George W. Bush tax cuts, which were followed by an economic collapse in 2008. How can Republicans say that low taxes lead to good economic times?
MICHAEL JOYNER, Cape Girardeau