- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)5
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
CAPE SCHOOL DISTRICT LEADERS ATTEND CONFERENCE
Cape Girardeau School District President Paul Nenninger, Vice-president Luther Bonds and board members Don Call, Kyle McDonald, Philip Moore, and Tony Smee, along with Superintendent Dr. James Welker, attended the Missouri School Boards Association Annual Conference in October at Lake of the Ozarks. The conference featured nationally recognized keynote speakers and numerous workshops and clinics designed to improve the leadership skills of school board members and superintendents. The conference focused on ways school board members and administrators can influence the improvement of student achievement in Missouri's public schools.
The Missouri School Boards Association is a private, not-for-profit organization that exists to help school boards succeed. The conference is the largest gathering of education leaders in Missouri and is held in cooperation with the Missouri Association of School Administrators.