- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
CAPE SCHOOL DISTRICT LEADERS ATTEND CONFERENCE
Cape Girardeau School District President Paul Nenninger, Vice-president Luther Bonds and board members Don Call, Kyle McDonald, Philip Moore, and Tony Smee, along with Superintendent Dr. James Welker, attended the Missouri School Boards Association Annual Conference in October at Lake of the Ozarks. The conference featured nationally recognized keynote speakers and numerous workshops and clinics designed to improve the leadership skills of school board members and superintendents. The conference focused on ways school board members and administrators can influence the improvement of student achievement in Missouri's public schools.
The Missouri School Boards Association is a private, not-for-profit organization that exists to help school boards succeed. The conference is the largest gathering of education leaders in Missouri and is held in cooperation with the Missouri Association of School Administrators.