- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)9
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Pitters Presents"Santa Claus Conquers The Martian"
Movies At Pitter's Presents
"Santa Claus Conquers The Martians"
Runs at Pitter's every year on December 21 with Drink Speciasl and bounus Christmas music after the movie.
Spend the Winter Solstice with this 1964 classic Christmas Film. It will run ALL DAY on the Big Screen in back. Come see this Cult Classic!
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians is a 1964 science fiction film that regularly appears on lists of the worst films ever made. It is regularly featured in the "bottom 100" list on the Internet Movie Database, and was also featured in an episode of the 1986 syndicated series, the Canned Film Festival. It was directed by Nicholas Webster, and it stars John Call as Santa Claus. It also includes an 8-year-old Pia Zadora playing the role of one of the Martian children.
The film took on newfound fame in the '90s after being featured on an episode of the comedy series Mystery Science Theater 3000. It became a holiday staple on the Comedy Central cable channel in the years following its 1991 premiere, helping it become one of the series' most popular episodes. It has since found new life again in the 2000s having been riffed by Cinematic Titanic, which includes five former cast members from MST3K.
The film recently passed into the public domain, making it legal for it to be posted online or broadcast in its entirety without licensing charges.
CRAZY DRINK SPECIALS AT THE BAR!!!
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)
Martians, upset that their children have become obsessed with TV shows from Earth which extoll the virtues of Santa Claus, start an expedition to Earth to kidnap the one and only Santa. While on Earth, they kidnap two lively children that lead the group of Martians to the North Pole and Santa. The Martians then take Santa and the two children back to Mars with them. Voldar, a particularly grumpy Martian, attempts to do away with the children and Santa before they get to Mars, but their leader Lomas stops him. When they arrive on Mars, Santa, with the help of the two Earth children and a rather simple-minded Martian lackey, overcomes the Martians by bringing fun, happiness and Christmas cheer to the children of Mars.
Directed by: Nicholas Webster
Produced by: Paul L. Jacobson, Joseph E. Levine, and Arnold Leeds
Written by: Paul L. Jacobson and Glenville Mareth
Music by: Milton DeLugg
Runs at Pitter's Every Year on DECEMBER 21 (Winter Solstice)
See it on the large screen at:
Film at 9:00pm open til 1am!
Pitter's Cafe & Lounge
Cape Girardeau, Mo 63701
CRAZY DRINK SPECIALS AT THE BAR!!!