- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Grace Bessie Sharrock, 90, of Jackson passed away Monday, Dec. 6, 2010, at Jackson Manor.
She was born July 31, 1920, in Patton, Mo., daughter of Pola Benson and Mary Cook Welker. She and Ralph Sharrock were married May 21, 1937.
Grace was a former Sunday school teacher, a former child care provider and a member of Patton Methodist Church.
Survivors include three daughters, Velma Whitledge of Jackson, Doris Winkeler of Fenton, Mo., Diana Sharrock of Cape Girardeau; 11 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; five brothers, George, Julius, Coy, Loy, Carl; two sisters, Lona Lukefahr and Clara Mae Fadler.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Thursday at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jimmie Corbin officiating. Burial will be in Patton Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Patton church or Patton Cemetery.
Condolences may be left at www.lileyfuneralhomes.com.