- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Speak Out 12/8/10
GLENN Beck wants all federal workers' salaries limited to the level of the average American. This would be extremely dangerous. For example, our federal air traffic controllers are a highly skilled group selected from a larger pool of applicants. We live in a country where high skill is generally rewarded with a matching salary.
MR. Nenninger got it right in his recent column published in the Southeast Missourian. Everyone should help in the schools if they can.
BICYCLE riders need to stop riding on county and city roads. If they can't go the speed limit and follow the rules that vehicles follow, then they should stay off the road.
SMOKING should be banned in public places. It not only does great harm to the smoker, but, as just released evidence incontrovertibly shows, it causes great risk to those breathing secondhand smoke.