- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Speak Out 12/8/10
GLENN Beck wants all federal workers' salaries limited to the level of the average American. This would be extremely dangerous. For example, our federal air traffic controllers are a highly skilled group selected from a larger pool of applicants. We live in a country where high skill is generally rewarded with a matching salary.
MR. Nenninger got it right in his recent column published in the Southeast Missourian. Everyone should help in the schools if they can.
BICYCLE riders need to stop riding on county and city roads. If they can't go the speed limit and follow the rules that vehicles follow, then they should stay off the road.
SMOKING should be banned in public places. It not only does great harm to the smoker, but, as just released evidence incontrovertibly shows, it causes great risk to those breathing secondhand smoke.