- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)13
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)9
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Speak Out 12/8/10
GLENN Beck wants all federal workers' salaries limited to the level of the average American. This would be extremely dangerous. For example, our federal air traffic controllers are a highly skilled group selected from a larger pool of applicants. We live in a country where high skill is generally rewarded with a matching salary.
MR. Nenninger got it right in his recent column published in the Southeast Missourian. Everyone should help in the schools if they can.
BICYCLE riders need to stop riding on county and city roads. If they can't go the speed limit and follow the rules that vehicles follow, then they should stay off the road.
SMOKING should be banned in public places. It not only does great harm to the smoker, but, as just released evidence incontrovertibly shows, it causes great risk to those breathing secondhand smoke.