- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Speak Out 12/8/10
GLENN Beck wants all federal workers' salaries limited to the level of the average American. This would be extremely dangerous. For example, our federal air traffic controllers are a highly skilled group selected from a larger pool of applicants. We live in a country where high skill is generally rewarded with a matching salary.
MR. Nenninger got it right in his recent column published in the Southeast Missourian. Everyone should help in the schools if they can.
BICYCLE riders need to stop riding on county and city roads. If they can't go the speed limit and follow the rules that vehicles follow, then they should stay off the road.
SMOKING should be banned in public places. It not only does great harm to the smoker, but, as just released evidence incontrovertibly shows, it causes great risk to those breathing secondhand smoke.