- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Trailer stolen from Sikeston found in Florida
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A trailer stolen from a Sikeston business last month has been located in southern Florida.
On Monday, the Sikeston Department of Public Safety was alerted that a stolen PTI Trucking trailer was found in Miami. The 53-foot trailer, which contained a shipment of LG Blu-Ray players worth several thousand dollars, was "abandoned and empty," according to DPS officials.
The trailer was taken from the PTI Trucking lot between midnight Nov. 12 and 5:30 a.m. Nov. 13. The theft was reported by employees who noticed the trailer was missing.
Detectives are continuing to follow up on the case, and no arrests have yet been made.
There is still a $20,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the theft of the trailer or for recovery of the stolen freight. Anyone who has any information on the case is asked to contact DPS at 573-471-4711 or the CrimeStoppers hotline, 573-471-1500.