- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Jackson aldermen endorse new subdivisions rules in county
Countywide street and infrastructure standards received more support Monday as the Jackson Board of Aldermen endorsed a resolution urging the Cape Girardeau County Commission to adopt the regulations. Last month the Cape Girardeau City Council endorsed the regulations presented by the Jackson-Cape Girardeau Subdivision Advisory Committee.
Committee members have said they are not proposing countywide planning and zoning but planning as it pertains to subdivisions.
The resolution said the city supported the committee and its work and that the regulations would encourage orderly growth and protect property values.
The committee will make a presentation to the county commission in January. If the commission approves the plan, voters will be asked to authorize the creation of a county planning commission, which would enforce standards for the construction of streets, sewers, water mains and other infrastructure in new subdivision construction.
In other action, the board:
* Approved a resolution expressing and confirming support of a grant application to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, under the Land and Water Conservation Fund Grant Round Fiscal Year 2011.
* Approved a motion accepting the bid of and an ordinance authorizing a contract with Dutch Enterprises Inc. of Jackson of $161,525.00, regarding the McKendree Hills Sanitary Sewer District Project.
* Approved a bill proposing an ordinance authorizing a contractual agreement with Preferred Resource Network Inc., d/b/a Personal Assistance Services, of St. Louis to provide employee assistance services.
* Approved Change Order No. 3 (final quantities), to Lappe Cement Finishing Inc. of Perryville, Mo., to decrease the contract amount by $183.10, regarding the East Lane Recreation Trail.
* Approved a bill proposing an ordinance accepting the dedication of a right-of-way deed of dedication, and permanent and temporary easement deeds from Michael and Barbara Kohlfeld and Mark and Bobbie Kohlfeld, regarding the South Old Orchard Road Improvement Project, Phase 5.
* Approved Change Order No. 2 to Fronabarger Concreters Inc. of Oak Ridge for $23,575 regarding the 2010 Concrete Street Repair Program.
101 Court St., Jackson, MO