- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- A message from heaven (1/23/17)
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march (1/22/17)90
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Speak Out 12/7/10
THANK you to the Jackson Manor for such a good Thanksgiving dinner Nov. 21. The food was excellent and the residents enjoyed themselves. Also, the entertainment was very nice. Thanks.
I love the New York Times Book Review characterization of Alan Greenspan as "the fallen maestro of the Federal Reserve, whose see-no-evil-free-market ideology made a virtue of unchecked financial recklessness."
WHY are there still so many problems relating to home foreclosures? The once easily tracked monthly mortgage payments are being bundled into Wall Street securities.
IF you think the overall student achievement level is bad now, can you imagine what it would be if the dropout rate was zero?