- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
Saturday, Jan. 22, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. a pro-life rally will be held at the State Capitol Building in Jefferson City. Afterward, a petition drive for the "Personhood Amendment" will begin. This is a grassroots ballot initiative to stop abortion in Missouri through an amendment to the State Constitution declaring "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" as outlined in the U.S. Constitution. Approximately 33 other states are working on the "Personhood Amendment."
JOHN P. FITTS, Noel, Mo.