- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
Saturday, Jan. 22, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. a pro-life rally will be held at the State Capitol Building in Jefferson City. Afterward, a petition drive for the "Personhood Amendment" will begin. This is a grassroots ballot initiative to stop abortion in Missouri through an amendment to the State Constitution declaring "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" as outlined in the U.S. Constitution. Approximately 33 other states are working on the "Personhood Amendment."
JOHN P. FITTS, Noel, Mo.