- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)1
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Saturday, Jan. 22, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. a pro-life rally will be held at the State Capitol Building in Jefferson City. Afterward, a petition drive for the "Personhood Amendment" will begin. This is a grassroots ballot initiative to stop abortion in Missouri through an amendment to the State Constitution declaring "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" as outlined in the U.S. Constitution. Approximately 33 other states are working on the "Personhood Amendment."
JOHN P. FITTS, Noel, Mo.