- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Russell Gene Rushing, 71, of Chaffee died Sunday, Dec. 5, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 18, 1939, in Chaffee, son of William Elmer and Elsie R. Bell Rushing. He and Judy Ann Keller were married Jan. 6, 1961.
Russell was a woodworker at General Sign Co., retiring in 2003. He was a member of Free Trinity Pentecostal Church in Randles.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife; a brother, Harrell T. Rushing of Fort Worth, Texas; a sister, Pat Maevers of Lancaster, Calif.; and a granddaughter, Matty Rushing of Decatur, Ind.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Otis James "Buddy" Rushing; and a brother, Billy Don Rushing.
Visitation will be after 4 p.m. Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Don Leggett officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.