- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Making Tasteful Creations One Jar at a Time
Kelly Creative Creations is once again making their seasonal gift jars. The high school students of Kelly Creative Creations get together daily to discuss ideas and make their products. The gift jars contain seasonal treat ingredients that include soups, cookies, and brownies.
While working in the group, the students gain knowledge and experience as well as job skills. The students perform money transactions when dealing with customers and the public. Sophomore L.J. Sanders, stated that "Social skills can help you get a job." The students also had the opportunity to cost compare and buy their own ingredients based on a budget. The students learned valuable marketing skills, when advertising using flyers and word of mouth. They learned how to plan transactions in the forms of graphs and charts on the computer. This project and organization is a great way for students to learn various skills needed for their future.
The students work together to layer jars with different ingredients of the gift jars. They make Three Bean Soup, Spiral Soup, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Chocolate Brownies. One ingredient at a time, they measure out the ingredients and place them into the jar. Then, the lid is screwed on with a decorative cloth and is ready for delivery. "It takes teamwork," said senior Paige Otradovec. This group is a dedicated team that works great together to make these tasteful creations one jar at a time!