- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
School board members to file for re-election
EDITOR'S NOTE: This story has been corrected to reflect that Don Call plans to run for re-election.
Jackson School Board members up for re-election plan to make another run, according to Jackson School District superintendent Ron Anderson. Board president Terri Tomlin, T. Wayne Lewis and Bruce Thomas intend to submit candidacy papers, Anderson said. In Cape Girardeau, board members Stacy Kinder and Tony Smee said they plan to seek re-election, while board member Don Call, who was appointed to a board seat earlier this year, said he intends to run. Missouri school board candidate filing for April elections begins Dec. 14 and ends at 5 p.m. Jan. 18. Forms are available at the offices of local school district clerks during business hours.