- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
School board members to file for re-election
EDITOR'S NOTE: This story has been corrected to reflect that Don Call plans to run for re-election.
Jackson School Board members up for re-election plan to make another run, according to Jackson School District superintendent Ron Anderson. Board president Terri Tomlin, T. Wayne Lewis and Bruce Thomas intend to submit candidacy papers, Anderson said. In Cape Girardeau, board members Stacy Kinder and Tony Smee said they plan to seek re-election, while board member Don Call, who was appointed to a board seat earlier this year, said he intends to run. Missouri school board candidate filing for April elections begins Dec. 14 and ends at 5 p.m. Jan. 18. Forms are available at the offices of local school district clerks during business hours.