- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)10
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
A great way to celebrate this "most wonderful time of the year" is tonight's annual Old Town Cape Downtown Christmas Open House.
Featuring horse-drawn carriage rides, caroling, pictures with Santa, refreshments and a chance to win a $1,500 shopping spree, there is something for everyone. The event, which takes place from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., will feature 14 downtown merchants.
Those wishing to compete for the shopping spree must register at one of three locations, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Glitz or 36 N. Main St. At the registration booth, shoppers will receive an entry number and must deposit the ticket in their packet into the "Christmas Box" at the business that has its name printed on the ticket. Each store visited and ticket deposited gives the participant a chance to win. The winner will be announced Tuesday.
Merchants participating include: Annie Em's Antiques & Gifts, Brown's Shoe Fit Co., Buckner Brewing Co., Glitz, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Jayson Jewelers, Kids Bazaar, Lang Jewelry & Fine Gifts, Pastimes Antiques, Renaissance, Social's Cafe & Catering, Somewhere in Time Antiques, Top of the Line Consign and Zickfield's Jewelers & Gifts.
Join the Christmas fun tonight, and thank you to all the downtown businesses participating in the festivities.