- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
A great way to celebrate this "most wonderful time of the year" is tonight's annual Old Town Cape Downtown Christmas Open House.
Featuring horse-drawn carriage rides, caroling, pictures with Santa, refreshments and a chance to win a $1,500 shopping spree, there is something for everyone. The event, which takes place from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., will feature 14 downtown merchants.
Those wishing to compete for the shopping spree must register at one of three locations, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Glitz or 36 N. Main St. At the registration booth, shoppers will receive an entry number and must deposit the ticket in their packet into the "Christmas Box" at the business that has its name printed on the ticket. Each store visited and ticket deposited gives the participant a chance to win. The winner will be announced Tuesday.
Merchants participating include: Annie Em's Antiques & Gifts, Brown's Shoe Fit Co., Buckner Brewing Co., Glitz, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Jayson Jewelers, Kids Bazaar, Lang Jewelry & Fine Gifts, Pastimes Antiques, Renaissance, Social's Cafe & Catering, Somewhere in Time Antiques, Top of the Line Consign and Zickfield's Jewelers & Gifts.
Join the Christmas fun tonight, and thank you to all the downtown businesses participating in the festivities.