- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
A great way to celebrate this "most wonderful time of the year" is tonight's annual Old Town Cape Downtown Christmas Open House.
Featuring horse-drawn carriage rides, caroling, pictures with Santa, refreshments and a chance to win a $1,500 shopping spree, there is something for everyone. The event, which takes place from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., will feature 14 downtown merchants.
Those wishing to compete for the shopping spree must register at one of three locations, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Glitz or 36 N. Main St. At the registration booth, shoppers will receive an entry number and must deposit the ticket in their packet into the "Christmas Box" at the business that has its name printed on the ticket. Each store visited and ticket deposited gives the participant a chance to win. The winner will be announced Tuesday.
Merchants participating include: Annie Em's Antiques & Gifts, Brown's Shoe Fit Co., Buckner Brewing Co., Glitz, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Jayson Jewelers, Kids Bazaar, Lang Jewelry & Fine Gifts, Pastimes Antiques, Renaissance, Social's Cafe & Catering, Somewhere in Time Antiques, Top of the Line Consign and Zickfield's Jewelers & Gifts.
Join the Christmas fun tonight, and thank you to all the downtown businesses participating in the festivities.