- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
A great way to celebrate this "most wonderful time of the year" is tonight's annual Old Town Cape Downtown Christmas Open House.
Featuring horse-drawn carriage rides, caroling, pictures with Santa, refreshments and a chance to win a $1,500 shopping spree, there is something for everyone. The event, which takes place from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., will feature 14 downtown merchants.
Those wishing to compete for the shopping spree must register at one of three locations, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Glitz or 36 N. Main St. At the registration booth, shoppers will receive an entry number and must deposit the ticket in their packet into the "Christmas Box" at the business that has its name printed on the ticket. Each store visited and ticket deposited gives the participant a chance to win. The winner will be announced Tuesday.
Merchants participating include: Annie Em's Antiques & Gifts, Brown's Shoe Fit Co., Buckner Brewing Co., Glitz, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Jayson Jewelers, Kids Bazaar, Lang Jewelry & Fine Gifts, Pastimes Antiques, Renaissance, Social's Cafe & Catering, Somewhere in Time Antiques, Top of the Line Consign and Zickfield's Jewelers & Gifts.
Join the Christmas fun tonight, and thank you to all the downtown businesses participating in the festivities.