- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)1
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
A great way to celebrate this "most wonderful time of the year" is tonight's annual Old Town Cape Downtown Christmas Open House.
Featuring horse-drawn carriage rides, caroling, pictures with Santa, refreshments and a chance to win a $1,500 shopping spree, there is something for everyone. The event, which takes place from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., will feature 14 downtown merchants.
Those wishing to compete for the shopping spree must register at one of three locations, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Glitz or 36 N. Main St. At the registration booth, shoppers will receive an entry number and must deposit the ticket in their packet into the "Christmas Box" at the business that has its name printed on the ticket. Each store visited and ticket deposited gives the participant a chance to win. The winner will be announced Tuesday.
Merchants participating include: Annie Em's Antiques & Gifts, Brown's Shoe Fit Co., Buckner Brewing Co., Glitz, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Jayson Jewelers, Kids Bazaar, Lang Jewelry & Fine Gifts, Pastimes Antiques, Renaissance, Social's Cafe & Catering, Somewhere in Time Antiques, Top of the Line Consign and Zickfield's Jewelers & Gifts.
Join the Christmas fun tonight, and thank you to all the downtown businesses participating in the festivities.