- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
- Business Notebook: Marco Construction Products offers high-end contractor equipment with personalized service (2/12/18)
Former Mo. GOP chair Wagner seeks RNC seat
WASHINGTON -- The former head of the Missouri GOP is running for chairwoman of the Republican National Committee.
In an online video addressed to RNC members, Ann Wagner joined the race on Monday to head the central committee.
In recent weeks she has called many of the 168 RNC members to weigh a bid to succeed current chairman Michael Steele, who has yet to say if he will seek another term.
Wagner said the GOP's central committee must become "efficient, relevant, professional and credible" as it seeks to challenge Democrats in 2012.
Wagner is a former RNC member and ambassador to Luxembourg under President George W. Bush.