- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Rep. Swan opposes effort to fire education commissioner (11/20/17)2
Former Mo. GOP chair Wagner seeks RNC seat
WASHINGTON -- The former head of the Missouri GOP is running for chairwoman of the Republican National Committee.
In an online video addressed to RNC members, Ann Wagner joined the race on Monday to head the central committee.
In recent weeks she has called many of the 168 RNC members to weigh a bid to succeed current chairman Michael Steele, who has yet to say if he will seek another term.
Wagner said the GOP's central committee must become "efficient, relevant, professional and credible" as it seeks to challenge Democrats in 2012.
Wagner is a former RNC member and ambassador to Luxembourg under President George W. Bush.