- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Former Mo. GOP chair Wagner seeks RNC seat
WASHINGTON -- The former head of the Missouri GOP is running for chairwoman of the Republican National Committee.
In an online video addressed to RNC members, Ann Wagner joined the race on Monday to head the central committee.
In recent weeks she has called many of the 168 RNC members to weigh a bid to succeed current chairman Michael Steele, who has yet to say if he will seek another term.
Wagner said the GOP's central committee must become "efficient, relevant, professional and credible" as it seeks to challenge Democrats in 2012.
Wagner is a former RNC member and ambassador to Luxembourg under President George W. Bush.