- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Former Mo. GOP chair Wagner seeks RNC seat
WASHINGTON -- The former head of the Missouri GOP is running for chairwoman of the Republican National Committee.
In an online video addressed to RNC members, Ann Wagner joined the race on Monday to head the central committee.
In recent weeks she has called many of the 168 RNC members to weigh a bid to succeed current chairman Michael Steele, who has yet to say if he will seek another term.
Wagner said the GOP's central committee must become "efficient, relevant, professional and credible" as it seeks to challenge Democrats in 2012.
Wagner is a former RNC member and ambassador to Luxembourg under President George W. Bush.