- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Wis. student releases hostages, shoots self
MARINETTE, Wis. -- A police chief says a student who held nearly two dozen other students and a teacher hostage for more than five hours in a Wisconsin classroom shot himself after authorities entered the classroom.
Police chief Jeff Skorik said the student was taken to an area hospital and his condition wasn't known Monday night.
The police chief said police officers entered the classroom after hearing three gunshots.
Emergency Management director Eric Burmeister's office said all 23 students and a female teacher, who had acted as a mediator between the male hostage-taker and authorities, were released unharmed from Marinette High School about 8 p.m.
A school administrator called authorities after 3 p.m. to say a student had taken over a classroom, officials said.