- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Hotop - Boyd
Jennifer Diane Hotop and Daniel Christopher Boyd were married April 17, 2010, at Immaculate Conception Church in Jackson. The Revs. John Harth and Walt Whited performed the ceremony.
Parents of the couple are Kenneth and Cynthia Hotop of Jackson, and Robert K. and Margaret Boyd of St. Peters, Mo.
Maid of honor was Sarah Hotop of Jackson, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Michelle Lang of O'Fallon, Mo., and Colleen Boyd of St. Peters, sisters of the groom; and Nicci King of Valdosta, Ga., cousin of the bride.
Robert P. Boyd of St. Louis was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Thomas Lang of O'Fallon, brother-in-law of the groom; Michael Merz of St. Louis; and Michael Bloss of New York, cousin of the groom. Ushers were Nathan Ross of St. Louis; Zachary Raines of Jackson, cousin of the bride; Matthew Todd of St. Louis; and Ashish Patel of Chicago.
Candlelighters were Kimberly and Melissa Seabaugh of House Springs, Mo., cousins of the bride.
Flower girl was Taylor Jacobs and ringbearer was Gabriel Raines, cousins of the bride. Taylor is the daughter of Donald and Rebecca Jacobs of Jackson, and the late Brandy Jacobs. Gabriel is the son of Scott and Katherine Raines of Jackson.
Jackie Lang, niece of the groom, attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the VFW Hall in Cape Girardeau.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner April 16 at Drury Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Boyd is a 2002 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in mass communication in 2006, and a master's degree in English in 2009, both from Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed by the state of Missouri as an adjudicator with Disability Determinations in St. Louis.
The groom is a 1996 graduate of Marquette High School. He received a bachelor of science in computer science from the University of Missouri in 2001, and a master's in business administration from Lindenwood University in 2010. He is an information security engineer with Savvis.
After a wedding trip to Chicago, the couple is residing in O'Fallon.