- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Police: S.C. robbery suspect tries to flee on lawn mower
AIKEN, S.C. -- Police in South Carolina say a man attempted a slow getaway by lawn mower after robbing a convenience store.
Aiken County sheriff's deputies told The Aiken Standard the man left the store on a riding lawn mower Thursday morning but didn't get far before he was arrested.
Capt. Troy Elwell said Ricky New has been charged with first-degree assault and battery and armed robbery.
Investigators say the suspect beat a store clerk with a stick during the robbery. New was being held at the Aiken County Jail. It wasn't yet known if he has an attorney.