- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Police: S.C. robbery suspect tries to flee on lawn mower
AIKEN, S.C. -- Police in South Carolina say a man attempted a slow getaway by lawn mower after robbing a convenience store.
Aiken County sheriff's deputies told The Aiken Standard the man left the store on a riding lawn mower Thursday morning but didn't get far before he was arrested.
Capt. Troy Elwell said Ricky New has been charged with first-degree assault and battery and armed robbery.
Investigators say the suspect beat a store clerk with a stick during the robbery. New was being held at the Aiken County Jail. It wasn't yet known if he has an attorney.