- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Police: S.C. robbery suspect tries to flee on lawn mower
AIKEN, S.C. -- Police in South Carolina say a man attempted a slow getaway by lawn mower after robbing a convenience store.
Aiken County sheriff's deputies told The Aiken Standard the man left the store on a riding lawn mower Thursday morning but didn't get far before he was arrested.
Capt. Troy Elwell said Ricky New has been charged with first-degree assault and battery and armed robbery.
Investigators say the suspect beat a store clerk with a stick during the robbery. New was being held at the Aiken County Jail. It wasn't yet known if he has an attorney.