- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Police: S.C. robbery suspect tries to flee on lawn mower
AIKEN, S.C. -- Police in South Carolina say a man attempted a slow getaway by lawn mower after robbing a convenience store.
Aiken County sheriff's deputies told The Aiken Standard the man left the store on a riding lawn mower Thursday morning but didn't get far before he was arrested.
Capt. Troy Elwell said Ricky New has been charged with first-degree assault and battery and armed robbery.
Investigators say the suspect beat a store clerk with a stick during the robbery. New was being held at the Aiken County Jail. It wasn't yet known if he has an attorney.