- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)7
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Report: Stimulus boosted jobs
WASHINGTON -- The White House says the $800 billion stimulus law continues to improve economic conditions and increase employment.
President Obama's Council of Economic Advisers issued a report Thursday saying the law has created or saved 2.7 million to 3.7 million jobs through the third quarter of this year. Obama economists predicted in 2009 that the stimulus would save or create 3.5 million jobs.
Unemployment, however, is 9.6 percent. And the report comes after an election in which voters appeared to reject assertions by Obama and Democrats that they had pulled the country out of an economic quagmire.