- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
Report: Stimulus boosted jobs
WASHINGTON -- The White House says the $800 billion stimulus law continues to improve economic conditions and increase employment.
President Obama's Council of Economic Advisers issued a report Thursday saying the law has created or saved 2.7 million to 3.7 million jobs through the third quarter of this year. Obama economists predicted in 2009 that the stimulus would save or create 3.5 million jobs.
Unemployment, however, is 9.6 percent. And the report comes after an election in which voters appeared to reject assertions by Obama and Democrats that they had pulled the country out of an economic quagmire.