- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Ronald "Joe" Sumner, 69, of Chaffee died Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2010, at the family home.
He was born March 5, 1941, in Cairo, Ill., son of James R. and Edna Virginia Keppner Sumner. He and Dorothy Foster were married Sept. 19, 1970.
Joe retired from maintenance at Ledic Rental Co. in Millington, Tenn. He was a member of the Assembly of God Church in Cairo and a member of Country CB'ers in Chaffee.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Joseph Sumner and Ronald "Joseph" Sumner of Chaffee; a daughter, Virginia Kay Ford of Jackson; two brothers, Kenneth Sumner of Scott City, Mike Mayabb of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Marilyn Schildt of Murphysboro, Ill., Joy Kelley of Killeen, Texas, Judy Sharp of Joppa, Ill.; three grandchildren; and a special niece, Angela Johnson of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers.
Visitation will be from 5 p.m. to service time today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 7:30 p.m. today at the chapel, with the Rev. John Nimmo officiating. Burial will be at a later date.