- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)4
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
PFC Timothy Lester
My brother Private First Class Timothy J. Lester, 20 years old, recently graduated from the United States Army on November 12, 2010. PFC Lester attended basic training and advanced individual training in Ft. Benning, Georgia. PFC Lester is a part of the National Guard Infantry Branch in Missouri. He is planning to continue his secondary education at Southeast Missouri State University for the next year. After that year he plans on going to school to become an officer for the United States Army.
PFC Lester is son of Dr. Adam & Mrs. Vicki Swafford. PFC Lester also has to older sisters, Brittany Lester (21) and Jamie Hines (22). Other family include Jared Hines (husband of Jamie Hines) & Taylor Hines (daugther of Jared & Jamie). PFC Lester graduated from Cape Central High School in May 2009 and attended Southeast Missouri University after graduating from Cape Central High School up until he went to basic training in July.
This article is to thank my little brother for his courage to serve our country. Your family and friends are so very proud of you! God bless you PFC Lester and all of our other military men & women!