- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
PFC Timothy Lester
My brother Private First Class Timothy J. Lester, 20 years old, recently graduated from the United States Army on November 12, 2010. PFC Lester attended basic training and advanced individual training in Ft. Benning, Georgia. PFC Lester is a part of the National Guard Infantry Branch in Missouri. He is planning to continue his secondary education at Southeast Missouri State University for the next year. After that year he plans on going to school to become an officer for the United States Army.
PFC Lester is son of Dr. Adam & Mrs. Vicki Swafford. PFC Lester also has to older sisters, Brittany Lester (21) and Jamie Hines (22). Other family include Jared Hines (husband of Jamie Hines) & Taylor Hines (daugther of Jared & Jamie). PFC Lester graduated from Cape Central High School in May 2009 and attended Southeast Missouri University after graduating from Cape Central High School up until he went to basic training in July.
This article is to thank my little brother for his courage to serve our country. Your family and friends are so very proud of you! God bless you PFC Lester and all of our other military men & women!