- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
PFC Timothy Lester
My brother Private First Class Timothy J. Lester, 20 years old, recently graduated from the United States Army on November 12, 2010. PFC Lester attended basic training and advanced individual training in Ft. Benning, Georgia. PFC Lester is a part of the National Guard Infantry Branch in Missouri. He is planning to continue his secondary education at Southeast Missouri State University for the next year. After that year he plans on going to school to become an officer for the United States Army.
PFC Lester is son of Dr. Adam & Mrs. Vicki Swafford. PFC Lester also has to older sisters, Brittany Lester (21) and Jamie Hines (22). Other family include Jared Hines (husband of Jamie Hines) & Taylor Hines (daugther of Jared & Jamie). PFC Lester graduated from Cape Central High School in May 2009 and attended Southeast Missouri University after graduating from Cape Central High School up until he went to basic training in July.
This article is to thank my little brother for his courage to serve our country. Your family and friends are so very proud of you! God bless you PFC Lester and all of our other military men & women!