- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Earthquake Prepardness Townhall Meeting
Northeast Arkansas residents are invited to a town meeting on Nov. 18 focusing on general earthquake information and preparedness. The meeting will take place at the St. Bernards Hospital annex in the Stroud Building beginning at 6 p.m. The hospital is located at 225 East Jackson in Jonesboro.
The program will feature a number of speakers whose topics will range from general all-hazards preparedness to specific information on making your home safer should an earthquake occur. Refreshments will be served and a number of handouts will be available for attendees to take home.
Information will also be available regarding the Great American Shakeout that is scheduled for April 28. Northeast Arkansas area schools are urged to take part in the event which will take place exactly at 10:15 and last for one minute only. At that time, participants will stop what they are doing where-ever they are and simply ask themselves, "If there was a catastrophic earthquake right now, what would I need to do?" Flyers and other resource information specific to K-12 schools will be available at the town meeting,
Sponsors of the Nov. 18 meeting include KAIT, St. Bernard's Hospital, Jonesboro E 9-1-1.