- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)28
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Earthquake Prepardness Townhall Meeting
Northeast Arkansas residents are invited to a town meeting on Nov. 18 focusing on general earthquake information and preparedness. The meeting will take place at the St. Bernards Hospital annex in the Stroud Building beginning at 6 p.m. The hospital is located at 225 East Jackson in Jonesboro.
The program will feature a number of speakers whose topics will range from general all-hazards preparedness to specific information on making your home safer should an earthquake occur. Refreshments will be served and a number of handouts will be available for attendees to take home.
Information will also be available regarding the Great American Shakeout that is scheduled for April 28. Northeast Arkansas area schools are urged to take part in the event which will take place exactly at 10:15 and last for one minute only. At that time, participants will stop what they are doing where-ever they are and simply ask themselves, "If there was a catastrophic earthquake right now, what would I need to do?" Flyers and other resource information specific to K-12 schools will be available at the town meeting,
Sponsors of the Nov. 18 meeting include KAIT, St. Bernard's Hospital, Jonesboro E 9-1-1.