- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
Earthquake Prepardness Townhall Meeting
Northeast Arkansas residents are invited to a town meeting on Nov. 18 focusing on general earthquake information and preparedness. The meeting will take place at the St. Bernards Hospital annex in the Stroud Building beginning at 6 p.m. The hospital is located at 225 East Jackson in Jonesboro.
The program will feature a number of speakers whose topics will range from general all-hazards preparedness to specific information on making your home safer should an earthquake occur. Refreshments will be served and a number of handouts will be available for attendees to take home.
Information will also be available regarding the Great American Shakeout that is scheduled for April 28. Northeast Arkansas area schools are urged to take part in the event which will take place exactly at 10:15 and last for one minute only. At that time, participants will stop what they are doing where-ever they are and simply ask themselves, "If there was a catastrophic earthquake right now, what would I need to do?" Flyers and other resource information specific to K-12 schools will be available at the town meeting,
Sponsors of the Nov. 18 meeting include KAIT, St. Bernard's Hospital, Jonesboro E 9-1-1.