- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Arkansas man injured in Bollinger County accident
An accident on Highway 72 in Bollinger County Sunday sent an Arkansas man to the hospital with moderate injuries. According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the 2008 GMC truck driven by Matthew P. Scheerschmidt, 28, crossed the centerline and struck another vehicle before striking the guardrail and embankment at 2:30 p.m.
The driver of the other car, Sarah N. Springstead, 27, of Cape Girardeau received minor injuries.
Scheerschmidt was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. He was not wearing a seat belt.
Springstead sought her own medical treatment. She was wearing a seat belt.