- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Glenda D. Newton, 48, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 14, 1961, in Gulfport, Miss., to H.W. and Ruth Sanford Boydd.
Survivors include sons Michael Smith of Burfordville, David Smith and Christopher Smith of Cape Girardeau; daughters Brandie Smith and Susan Smith of Cape Girardeau; sisters Donna Clark and Linda Clubb of Spring, Texas, Brenda Street of Lake Providence, La.; and eight grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father, mother and one sister.
A memorial service will be held at a later date in Houston.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.