Connecticut gunshot victim eats lunch before going to hospital
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Police say a 25-year-old Connecticut man who was shot twice after buying a sandwich at a New Haven deli went home and ate his lunch before going to the hospital.
Miguel Soto said he was leaving the deli Tuesday when he heard three gunshots. One bullet hit him in the left leg, another in the groin. Police say he went home and ate the sandwich before asking his father to take him to a hospital.
Police did not say whether Soto realized immediately that he had been shot or if he decided the injuries were not serious enough to require an immediate hospital trip.
Officers said his injuries were not life-threatening. A message was left Thursday for a police spokesman, and no arrests were immediately reported.