- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Donald Cook Sr.
Donald Lee Cook Sr., 75, of Allenville passed away Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2010, at his home.
He was born Aug. 11, 1935, at Randles, son of Frank and Stella Mae Huffman Cook. He and Sharon Warner were married in July 1975 in Cape Girardeau.
Donald had worked at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau and for Leo Beauchamt Cleaning, and had been captain of a crew of security guards in St. Louis. He attended Allenville Baptist Church and was a member of Masonic Lodge in Whitewater.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Donald Lee Cook Jr. of Collinsville, Ill., Albert Cook of Allenville; two stepdaughters, Susan Cabaniss of Chaffee, Mo., Pat Brooks of Fenton, Mo.; a brother, Frank Cook of St. Louis; a sister, Melba Tarpen of Kelso, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Friday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance, Mo. A Masonic service will be held at noon.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the chapel. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.