- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Donald Cook Sr.
Donald Lee Cook Sr., 75, of Allenville passed away Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2010, at his home.
He was born Aug. 11, 1935, at Randles, son of Frank and Stella Mae Huffman Cook. He and Sharon Warner were married in July 1975 in Cape Girardeau.
Donald had worked at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau and for Leo Beauchamt Cleaning, and had been captain of a crew of security guards in St. Louis. He attended Allenville Baptist Church and was a member of Masonic Lodge in Whitewater.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Donald Lee Cook Jr. of Collinsville, Ill., Albert Cook of Allenville; two stepdaughters, Susan Cabaniss of Chaffee, Mo., Pat Brooks of Fenton, Mo.; a brother, Frank Cook of St. Louis; a sister, Melba Tarpen of Kelso, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Friday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance, Mo. A Masonic service will be held at noon.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the chapel. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.