- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Nina M. Ross, 82, of Jackson passed away Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2010, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 13, 1928, at Indian Creek, to Clarence and Opal Ackman Tripp. She and Charles W. Ross were married Oct. 3, 1946. They celebrated 62 years of marriage before Charles passed away Nov. 14, 2008.
Nina worked 25 years at the former Hosiery Mill in Jackson, and greatly enjoyed the annual employee gathering. She was of the Baptist belief.
Loving survivors include a son, Charles S. "Chuck" (Nancy) Ross; a granddaughter, Wendy Lamont; a great-grandson, Brett Lamont; a sister, Justine (Gary) Watson; a brother, Donald (Mary) Tripp; and a sister-in-law, Patsy Ross, all of Cape Girardeau; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by a sister, Nigel Moyers; and a brother, Ed Tripp.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Dr. Virgil Porter officiating.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to Southeast Hospice.
Online sympathy messages may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.