- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
New Butler County circuit clerk taking office early
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Gov. Jay Nixon has appointed Cynthia Bowman of Ellsinore, Mo., to the position of Butler County circuit clerk.
Bowman was elected as circuit clerk Nov. 2 for a term that begins in January. She will step in immediately to fill the remainder of the term of Emily Parks, who resigned to become director of development at Three Rivers Community College.
Bowman, a Republican, has served with the Butler County circuit clerk's office since 1987. In that position, she has conducted training and supervision of all new clerks hired by the office.
"Bowman has extensive experience in and knowledge of the circuit clerk's office, including being a part of the office's top management," Nixon said. "I am confident she will serve the people of Butler County well as their circuit clerk."