- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
McCLURE, Ill. -- James L. "Jimbo" Prater, 60, of McClure, died Friday, Nov. 5, 2010 at his home.
He was born Sept. 20, 1950, in Gale, Ill., to Herbert and Ollie Elizabeth Busby Prater. He and Kathryn Deanne Groves were married July of 1969 in Jackson. She preceded him in death Aug. 25, 1990.
James had worked for Leming Lumber Co. and for R.W. Britz Co.
Survivors include three daughters, Dawn R. Merritt and Jamie Prater, both of Cape Girardeau, Sharon Lawrence of Paducah, Ky.; three sisters, Maxine Croy and Kay Hale, both of McClure, Shirley Hale of Thebes, Ill.; two brothers, Herbert "Buddy" Prater of Thebes, Jerry Prater of McClure; and eight grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, brother and sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial services will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Jimmie Monahan officiating.
Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery in Thebes.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.