- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Reaching out: Mary Null created and runs Lighthouse Outreach Ministry
Mary Null not only runs Lighthouse Outreach Ministry, she created it. With her ministries she reaches out to the abused and homeless in Southeast Missouri. Though Null created the program, she says she was not alone. "It was started by God through me," she said. Null travels around the country preaching at shelters and Living Word of Faith Fellowship churches and "just wherever I get a chance." She and some helpers with Lighthouse give food and clothing to those who need it.
What would you say has been your biggest disappointment since starting this ministry? Seeing people die not sure they may not know Jesus as their personal savior.
What would you say has been your biggest achievement or accomplishment since starting this ministry? Seeing people give their hearts and lives to God and have a new and more complete life.
Where are you from and when/why did you move to the Scott City area? I am originally from Cape Girardeau. I have lived a lot of different places, but I came here, I believe, under the direction of God.
What do you think makes Lighthouse Ministries special? We love God and enjoy helping people.
What's your favorite verse and why? Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God; I will help thee; yea I will uphold thee with thee right hand of my righteousness."
What program have you done with Lighthouse that you are proud of and why? We don't do programs as such. We just go throughout the country helping where ever we can, especially in our own community.
What events or occasions does Lighthouse have coming up? Raising money and food for the hungry during the upcoming holiday season.
What's your favorite day of the week and why? Thursday. I am not really sure. I love every day, because each one is a special blessing from God, my father.
Do you have a prayer, psalm or verse you would like to give our readers for the day? My prayer every day is that all people every where have a real relationship with Jesus. He is coming very soon to take the children of God home, and only those who are washed in the blood of the lamb will live eternally with God. Those in need of help or want to pray can call or contact me any time day or night.